Nothing says summer like a fresh made, authentic pico de gallo made from fresh picked, vine ripe Colorado tomatoes, fresh cilantro, a few chile peppers and some garlic and onion…all found in the farm fresh baskets delivered right to your door by Colorado fresh produce.
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes
- 2 to 3 jalapenos or hot banana peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon (and if you want, add a little lime juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove of fresh, minced garlic (or 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder)
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro (about 1/4 to 1/3 of a bunch)
Dice the tomatoes, peppers and onions if you like a thicker, chunky pico de gallo. For a smoother pico de gallo, put the tomatoes, jalapenos and onions in a food processor or blender for 20 seconds. Then combine all other ingredients, get a bag of tortilla chips, or make a quesadilla or a fajita.